This “Healthy” recipe, or as healthy as cheesecake could possibly be, was a recipe I created a little while ago and thought that perhaps I’d share it with all of you.
To make it be deemed “healthy”, I made a few “tweaks” to the average cheesecake recipe. But NO WORRIES! This recipe is as rich and tasteful as the original cream cheese version, only my version has half of the calories. So, in my book, that means two slices please!
By making little switches, such as, cream cheese for cottage cheese and whole eggs for egg whites, you are able to create a delicious dessert that even the dieters of the family can indulge in.
- 24 oz Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup Rasberries
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 oz Dark Chocolate (about 2 1/2 Hershey Bars)
- 1 Tbsp Light Cream
- Pre-made Graham cracker Crust (Yes, I am guilt of buying Pre-Made)
- In a double boiler, melt your dark chocolate and slowly add the light cream in order to help with the melting process.
*Make sure you have the heat on the lowest possible setting because chocolate is very easy to burn*
- Take your melted chocolate and pour it into the graham cracker crust. Shake it very lightly so that the chocolate covers the entire bottom and place it in the fridge for the chocolate to settle.
- Take your raspberries, water and sugar and place them all in a small sauce pan. Keep on medium/low heat and allow the raspberries to start to fall apart. Keep stirring the mixture to get the right consistency.
*Put the mixture in fridge to allow it to cool*
- Take your low- fat cottage cheese, egg whites, vanilla, (large) amount of white sugar and blend them up in anyway you would like. Personally, I prefer a blender so that I can get rid of the chunks in the cottage cheese.
- Take out your cooled chocolate crust and pour the cheesecake filling into it. Place it in a 400F pre-heated oven. Let it bake for 45-75 min, check it every 15 minutes with a tooth pick; the toothpick should come up clean when it is fully cooked.
- When the cheesecake is fully cooked, take it out and allow it to cool for twenty minutes. When cooled, pour the raspberry mixture on top of the cheesecake.
- Eat and Enjoy………. and then Repeat