Here is a easy, and kind of quick, recipe for tomato sauce. Because lets be honest; No one ever heard the phrase, “Mmmm Jar Sauce….”.
- 3 32oz cans of Crushed Tomato (Cento is a great brand)
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil (If you are able to use fresh, then choose that instead)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- Take the chopped onion and garlic and sautee them in a large pot with olive oil.
- Once the onion is a golden brown, lower the heat, add the tomato paste. Stir until it is fully combined.
- Open up the crushed tomatoes and puree the crushed tomato in a blender until smooth and chunk free.
- Raise the flame and add the puree crushed tomatoes to the tomato paste mixture. Add the salt, basil, bay leaves, and water
- Lower the heat to medium and reduce the tomato sauce to desire thickness.