The holidays are without a doubt my favorite time of the year. But it’s not because of the decorations or the presents or the plain old holiday cheer. And it’s definitely not because of the snow (I live in NYC and snow makes everything a hassle!) or the overly crowded stores.
No, I love the holidays because its the one time of year when you can eat gingerbread men for supper and wash it down with a glass of eggnog and not be judged for it. Okay! Maybe you’ll get judged a little bit. But, hey! It’s the holidays so who really cares?
Personally, I believe that festive cocktails can be enjoyed any time after noon…
Candy Cane Martini
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz White Crème de Cacao
- 1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 Candy Cane
- Place the candy cane in a zip lock bag and crush it with a mallet until the candy is broken into small pieces. Pour the candy into a small dish. Then, take the martini glass, dip the rim in water, and dip the rim into the crushed candy.
- Combine the vanilla vodka, white creme de cacao, peppermint schnapps in a shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake it and pour into the candy-coated martini glass.
Spiked Eggnog Milkshake
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice-cream
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whip Cream for Garnish
- Combine the vanilla ice cream, eggnog, bourbon, cinnamon in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high and pour into a glass.
- Top with whip cream and a pinch of cinnamon.
- 6 oz Light Rum
- 1 tbsp of Maraschino Cherries
- 1 tbsp of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 tbsp of Crushed Tangerines
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- 3 oz of Club Soda
- Layer the ice and fruit in a tall glass (Ex, ice + cherries + ice + tangerines + ice + pineapple)
- Combine the rum, sugar, and club soda in a chilled shaker,
- Pour the rum/sugar/club soda into the tall glass and Enjoy!