When a person thinks of Cinco De Mayo, healthy food isn’t necessarily the first place your mind goes to. You think of cheese and refried beans and tortilla chips and sour cream and the meats. Oh, the meats. Cause Cinco De Mayo doesn’t discriminate against the different kinds of meats. You’ve got pork carnitas, marinated chicken, barbacoa, marinated steak, and of course, chorizo.
PS: If you want guac, it’s extra!
But while I love Mexican food, my waistline does not.
So here are some healthy versions – aka, as healthy as they can be while still retaining their yummy taste – of your favorite Cinco De Mayo treats.
- Chicken and Veggie Quesadilla (Food.com)
- Skinny Margarita (Cookie + Kate)
- Spinach and Bean Burrito (Skinny Ms)
- Paleo Tres Leche (The Roasted Root)
- Chicken and Tomatillo Fajitas (Food & Wine)
- Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup (Kim’s Cravings)
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!
ESPERO QUE TODOS TENGAN UN DIA MARAVILLOSO!
…ya…that’s just google translate so, if I said it wrong, please send a comment to correct me…